The State of Louisiana recently announced an expansion of the criteria for Phase 1b, Tier 1 of the COVID-19 vaccination campaign.
This expansion, effective Monday, February 22, includes all persons previously available in Phases 1a and 1b, Tier 1 and expands Phase 1b, Tier 1 to include:
- Teachers and any other support staff working onsite in K-12 schools or daycares
Teachers and staff actively working onsite should bring their employee badge or paystub
- Individuals aged 55-64 with at least one of the conditions listed by the CDC as placing them at an “increased risk of severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19.” The CDC list of conditions can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html.
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30kg/m2 or higher but < 40kg/m2)
- Severe obesity (BMIC >40kg/m2)
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- All pregnant persons, regardless of age
- Providers/staff of Nonemergency Medical Transportation Services (NEMT), to be added to the currently eligible “ambulatory and outpatient providers and staff” category
- Election workers assigned to work the March and April 2021 elections whom carry a letter stating they have been selected, along with their ID.