Champions FORE Health Golf Tournament
Thursday Oct 24, 2019
Michael deYoung, Dr. Corey Hebert, retired NFL great Buford Jordan and Allison J. Young are this year’s Tournament co-chairs.
Annually, “Champions FORE Health” raises funds and awareness for issues affecting men’s health, like diabetes, heart disease, prostate cancer and more. Funds raised through event sponsorships, player registrations and silent auction aid us in eliminating health disparities among local men and enable us to provide access to health education, preventive screenings, treatment and services.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, heart disease is the leading cause of death for men in the United States, killing 321,000 men in 2013 — that’s 1 in every 4 male deaths.
- Nationally, 15.3 million men age 20 and older have diabetes compared to 14.9 million women.
- Heart disease and cancer are the top two leading causes of death for males of all races.
- In 2017, 34% (11,948) of Daughters of Charity Health Centers’ patients were adult males.
- Hypertension and diabetes are the top two leading chronic illnesses faced by Daughters of Charity Health Centers’ adult male population.
- Hypertension: 28.3% (3,384) of our adult male patients have been diagnosed with hypertension
- Diabetes: 14% (1,692) of our adult male patients have HbA1c levels greater than 9