Coronavirus resources and updatesProtecting our patients and staff is paramount to our mission and to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. As part of a comprehensive response to preparedness for this pandemic, DePaul Community Health Centers (DCHC) has evaluated our visitor procedures.
Therefore, until further notice, please comply with the following guidance.
- Visitors ages 2 and up are required to wear a face covering before entering any of the health centers.
- In addition to the above safety precautions, DCHC is now offering Telehealth (video) appointments/visits to patients. Call us at (504) 207-3060 for more information and/or to see if you qualify.
- Mail-order services are available for Pharmacy. Call the Carrollton (504) 207-3019, Metairie (504) 488-3007), New Orleans East (504) 539-3860, Gentilly (504) 667-4300 or St. Cecilia/Bywater (504) 207-6287 locations to request a refill or schedule a prescription pick-up or delivery.
- Community Health Navigators are available to assist with resources like Telehealth appointments, food, unemployment resources and more. For more information, call (504) 207-3060 and ask to speak with one of our Navigators.
- We are currently offering the COVID-19 PCR Test (nasal swab), as well as the COVID-19 IgG Serology Test (blood test). Due to increased testing nationwide, please allow a minimum of 7-10 business days for COVID-19 test results.
What is 2019 novel coronavirus?The 2019 novel coronavirus, or 2019-nCoV, is a new virus that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person to person. This virus was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China. On January 30, 2020, the World Health Organization declared the novel coronavirus a global health emergency. The same day, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the first human-to-human transmission in the United States.
Have there been cases of COVID-19 in the U.S.?Yes. The first case of COVID-19 in the United States was reported on January 21, 2020. As of May 4, 2020, the United States surpassed 1 million total cases. The current case count, as well as the count of deaths related to this pandemic, is available on the CDC’s webpage at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
What are the symptoms of the novel coronavirus?People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
How can I help protect myself and others?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you touch.
What is DEPAUL COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS doing?DEPAUL COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS is committed to the health and safety of our members, patients, employees, and physicians. As in all cases of emerging infectious diseases, we monitor closely and follow CDC recommendations. As more is understood about this virus, recommendations may change.
To help protect our patients against flu and other respiratory illness, DEPAUL COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS currently has visitor restrictions in place. Please avoid visiting if you have a cough, fever, sore throat, body aches or gastrointestinal symptoms.
Where can I get the latest coronavirus information?For the latest information, visit the www.cdc.gov/covid19
For more information about COVID-19 in Louisiana visit: www.ldh.la.gov/coronavirus